Spinning out.

My program called for Wed as a rest day. Did that. Thursday was a 30 min tempo run. But with sore shins I decided to cross train and do some spinning instead. In an attempt to mimick the tempo training, I used the trendy static bike we have at home as follows:-
  • 10 mins warmup (HR 105 av)
  • 10 mins slowly cranking the resistance up (HR reached 145).
  • 10 mins recovery.
I enjoyed the session and will probably include spinning more often in my program.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Unknown stopped running and said ...
Friday, 04 February, 2005

Wow, Martin! You've accomplished a lot since starting running in the middle of 2004; your 'state of the art' bike sounds interesting..what make is it? Enjoy the weekend & your long run if doing one; weather looks good.

I know your part of the world well as we lived in Chesterfield Pde, Bronte, before moving her almost 10 years ago; used walk & train my dogs in that park! LL    



Blogger Unknown stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 05 February, 2005

I posted a comment, Martin, but can't see where it went!

Just enquired about the bike you mentioned; and said that I used walk & train my dogs in Queens Park before moving here almost 10 years ago.
Now we'll see if this disappears as well! LL    



Blogger Unknown stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 05 February, 2005

Now it's there! LL    



Blogger Gronk stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 05 February, 2005

Hi Luckylegs. My trendy bike is Pro-Form EKG Grip Pulse. Its got two stainless steel grips on the lower part of the handle bars that take your HR. Lots of fun !

By the way, I know Chesterfield Pde. Its a very beautiful street. I'm sure it must have been wonderful to live there. In fact I have a client who just bought there from Micheal Willisee (Jnr). Small world.    



» Post a Comment