Striders virgin run.

10km PB today ! Well all my races so far have been PB's actually. I guess thats the benefit of being a new runner :) . Boy what a turn out ! I couldn't believe the number of people at Lane Cove this morning. I had to park 500m up Lady Game Drive at 6.40am ! I had no real expectations this morning. I have been training well, however December/January were disrupted so I was a bit stop start. Lane Cove sure has some hills. Up and up and up and up again till Ryde Road at about 5km. Then pretty much downhill from there. I felt OK and ran within myself for at least 7km mark and then put the foot down to finish. Managed 51:00 (my watch) which I am very happy about. OK, I have taken 5 mins off my 10km time, but it was expected considering my 45:21 at The Entrance over 9km just before Xmas. The pleasing thing for me is that The Entrance course is dead flat, so running 5:10/km pace on a hilly course like Lane Cove means that my times are still on the slide.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Aki stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 05 February, 2005

Congrats on the PB! That was a massive improvement! :)    



Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 09 February, 2005

Gronk well done on the great time saturday. Hopefully you can crack the sub 50 next race. Good luck.    



» Post a Comment