Back in the sandpit.

5km | soft sand Week 7 of 11 I've done some stupid things in my life, but last night was right up there with the best of them. So with the niggles getting better I decided that it was a good time to head back to the sand of Bondi for a few laps. This would have to be the first time in about 12 weeks. So I drove down at about 8.00pm to find a deserted Bondi Beach. I hopped out of the car and after a few stretches hit the sand barefoot. I reckon I went about 10m before I could stand it no more. The sand was f@#*^#g freezing !!! It was no better than running on snow. Doh ! So off I went back home (groan) to get my shoes as it was the only way that I could manage a run. I did eventually get back down there (after some teasing by the Bride) and trudged through the sand. Running in shoes was hard to get used to compared to barefoot and it took me a while to adjust. Soon I found some sort of rhythm and I finished 5 laps (just) before my quads turned to jelly. Pretty happy with it all. ======================= FAT FRIDAY ! Weight @ 01/01/06: 83.0kg Weight 2/6/06: 75.7kg Weight this week: 76.5kg Comment: Yes I've been a baaad boy over the last month! Time to trim down for the C2S. ======================= Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Lulu stopped running and said ...
Friday, 07 July, 2006

I thought you were going to say you'd injured yourself so I was relieved to see it was only the cold feet!    



» Post a Comment