Sydney Striders 10km - Olympic Park

10km | 45:50 | Race Week 6 of 11 CoolBlogger BlkBox picked me up this morning and the first thing I said to him when I hopped in his car was that I was not going to out hard today and that a solid 50:00 run was all that I was after. I hadn't run at all this week since my run on Tuesday because of my achilles niggle and chose to spin instead. I got up early this morning and massaged my pesky achilles with Voltaren gel and made myself a double shot expresso for that extra special zip. At the gun BlkBox and I set off with the other two hundred odd runners at a brisk pace. I said at the time that with the absence of any pacers this race that I may find myself going out way too hard in the first KM or two. Yep, by time we hit the 1km marker we had gone through at 4:31. Oops too fast again. Anyway I was feeling pretty good and I'm a sucker for pushing myself in any race, so I tried to keep it up as smooth as I could. My splits for the race were:- 4:31 4:37 4:31 4:36 4:39 5km 22:56 4:31 4:42 4:35 4:32 4:32 10km 45:50 Very happy with the result considering that its on the back of inconsistant training, the odd niggle and the flu. Great to also meet CR PortRunner and also CRs Ellie80 and Will who both made their Striders debut this morning. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Horrie stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 01 July, 2006

Good to see you back out there Gronk. Great run considering the interrrupted training you have had recently.    



Blogger Wobbly man stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 01 July, 2006

Well done mate! Not far off a PB too.    



Blogger Ellie80 stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 01 July, 2006

great to meet you gronk! nice run too :)    



Blogger PortRunr stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 01 July, 2006

Pleasure to meet you today. As mentioned I was surprised to see you so close at half way after your earlier "taking it easy" prediction! Nicely done - hope you pull up well.    



Blogger Lulu stopped running and said ...
Monday, 03 July, 2006

Not bad considering you were taking it easy! Hope the achilles behaves itself for you.    



Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Monday, 03 July, 2006

Nice one Gronk - I'd be happy with your 5k split!    



Blogger Carolyne stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 04 July, 2006

Yowser! Only 30-something seconds off your PB, and rather more than a solid run!

I hope that you pull up OK and can continue to 'ease back into it' and retain your good form1    



Blogger Katie stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 05 July, 2006

hahaha at least you were consistantly too fast! nice work Gronk.... if those niggles go you will be unstoppable!    



» Post a Comment