Sydney Striders 10km - Olympic Park

10km | 44:46 | Race | Course PB I woke feeling pretty average on Saturday morning, which was pretty normal for a race day. Sleep never seems to come easy on race eve and this week was no exception. Still, by the time I got to Homebush I was OK and ready to give the twisty course a shake. As usual, my plan was to try and get in front of the 45 min pacer and (hopefully) draw away from him and post a decent time. Yes I went out too hard again, but at 5km I was trundling along at a decent clip and feeling OK. Then the wheels fell off. I ran out of petrol. My splits were as follows:- 4:04 1km 4:15 2km 4:12 3km 4:21 4km 4:24 5km 21:18 4:26 6km 4:42 7km 4:42 8km 4:54 9km 4:41 10km 44:46 OK it was a course PB, but I basically ran pretty crap and I just need to get fitter. I really felt ordinary for the last 4/5km and my splits reflect that. Blah. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Jen stopped running and said ...
Monday, 09 October, 2006

Congrats on the course PB Gronk. Sounds like it was a very tough day out there. Well done. Sorry to hear about your shins though - be careful!    



Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 10 October, 2006

A course PB is good. Just get the pacing right and you'll be good for a real PB.    



Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 12 October, 2006

It was great to catch up again Gronk. Well done on the course PB. That second last km got me too. Maybe somebody stretched it when we weren't looking.    



» Post a Comment