Opera House Run

15km | LSD I met Blkbox and PortRunr (who was down from Port Macquarie) at Centennial Park for my first run since Sunday. I saw Larry the Physio on Wednesday and he worked on my pesky calf. He said that I had a calf strain and also had scar tissue build up from a tear or two ago. He massaged the calf and broke down some of the scar tissue. He also gave me a bunch of exercises to do for my calves and most importantly my hip flexors which are apparently recalcitrant at the moment. I popped a voltaren with breakie and turned up ready for my run hardly feeling anything in the calf with the exception of a mild pull every now and then. We ran half a lap of the park and then headed down Oxford Street then Macquarie Street to the Opera House. We then ducked through the Botanical Gardens after a little rest and then home via Woolloomooloo and Taylor Square. It was simply breathtaking running along the harbour in the early morning. The calf survived the run ok and it was only when I ramped it up for a Hollywood finish in the last 500m that it started to complain. So I'm pretty happy with its progress. Waiter ! More ice please. What a awesome morning to be a runner ! Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 23 September, 2006

Good to see the calf behaving itself. I think I saw that white building last week.    



Blogger Unknown stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 23 September, 2006

I can picture that run ver clearly, Gronk....how lucky are we to be able to get there early enough to enjoy the start of another day.

Hope your calf behaves itself!    



Blogger Ewen stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 24 September, 2006

Great photo of the Opera House Gronk - what a perfect morning.

Perhaps stick to Bollywood finishes for a while ;)    



Blogger PortRunr stopped running and said ...
Monday, 25 September, 2006

It certainly was a spectacular start to the day - just brilliant.
Thanks for the run and the calf tips, and have fun in the sand pit!    



» Post a Comment