This little piggy ....

8km | Easy I've put on 1.5kgs in the past two weeks. Of course a glass-half-full response to that would be that I've replaced fat with lean muscle. My belt suggests otherwise. :( Talking about piggies, I have an infection in my little toe - you know the one that ran wee, wee all the way home ? I did it at the playground on Sunday when another boy let his bike fall on my foot. I told on his Mum. My daughter took me home and put a Wiggles band-aid on it. Anyway that's prevented me from running until last night and even then the pain was bearable at best. I bumped into Superflake at York Road last night. He was nearing the end of his run as I was warming up. Nice to see you Paul. From there I headed down Clovelly way, through Bronte and up the Junction, a bit of Woollahra and home. I started slow and finished hard, so I have a little bit of confidence that my level of fitness is hanging in there notwithstanding the lack of running over the past fortnight or so. Not sure how Sunday will go (Blackmores 1/2M). No doubt I will be hyped so mojo wont be an issue, but it's been a pretty average preparation so I fear that I will fail dismally. So I'm up against it. Still, I will aim to run the first 10km in 45:xx and try and hang on as best I can. From there its mind over body, right ? "Top results are reached only through pain. But eventually you like this pain. You'll find the more difficulties you have on the way, the more you will enjoy your success." Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Ellie80 stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 14 September, 2006

gronk you have been smashing pb's left right and centre the last few months so i reckon you're good for one more!

hope the little toe feels betters soon! (hard to get sympathy for that one hey?)    



Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 14 September, 2006

Good to see you mate. Hope those dangerous voltaren can help the toe.    



Blogger Bernie G stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 14 September, 2006

I hope the toe issues don't cause you too much grief. All the best for Sunday.    



Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 14 September, 2006

Hope you can brink home the bacon on Sunday Gronk :-)    



Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 14 September, 2006

make that "bring"    



Blogger Jen stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 14 September, 2006

LOL, hope the toe feels better soon - how can it not with it Wiggles band-aid on it? You can tell I don't have kids - I had absolutely no idea that you could even buy Wiggles band-aids!

Good luck for Sunday Gronk & don't forget that you've got months of strong training behind you!    



Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Friday, 15 September, 2006

Best of luck for Sunday Gronk ;-)    



» Post a Comment