Willy envy ?

25km | LSD | 2:15 Yes Willy envy. Willy to Billy that is. ;-p So with everyone out running in the bush and me being most envious, I decided that I would do my normal beach run down to Coogee and then along the Coastal Walk though Clovelly, Bronte, Glamourama and then Bondi. Then I ran down Curlewis Street to Rose Bay, along O'Sullivan Road to New South Head Road into the City. A few hard lefts around the Museum had me running back towards home along Oxford Street. I felt great throughout the run. Along the beaches part was up and down stairs and steep paths over headlands. I took it easy through there and when I got to Bondi Beach, I ramped it up and ran at a moderate pace into the City and return. Apart from running out of water in my fuel belt at Kings Cross, I ran strong and felt zero niggles for the whole journey. No idea why or how I felt so great. Perhaps all that grog I had out on Friday night had something to do with it ? Is bourbon an anti-inflammatory maybe ? You know what ? This was the furthest I have ever run. Yup I have never ran further than a 1/2M distance. The great thing is that I had a bit left in the tank and could have easily stretched it out to 30km today. Actually, that niggle that kept me out of the CR5kmC, was resolved with ice and stretching. I am happy to say that I have no niggles - today. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 26 August, 2006

Congrats on your longest run ever Gronk!

Sooooo, does this mean you are contemplating a big M next year?    



Anonymous Anonymous stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 26 August, 2006

Top run mate, and doesn't it feel great when everything falls into place?

It was quiet on the Bay this morning..you made the right choice!

Prof    



Blogger the_en4cer stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 27 August, 2006

I'm not real familiar with Sydney but from what I know it looks like it must have been a nice scenic run. Congrats on an impressive long run!    



Blogger Jen stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 27 August, 2006

That's awesome - congrats on your longest ever run Gronk. I'm with Tesso - surely the big M must be calling you now ;-)    



Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 27 August, 2006

Great run Gronk. Looking good for further crushing of that half PB next month. Next stop a 10k PB at North Head is on the cards I'm sure.    



Blogger Ewen stopped running and said ...
Monday, 28 August, 2006

That's a beautiful run Gronk - what views!

Glad the niggles have settled down.    



Blogger TA and the Gnome stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 29 August, 2006

Longest run ever *and* no niggles... It isn't Christmas, is it?? :-)

Gnome    



Blogger Lulu stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 30 August, 2006

That's a great run Gronk and so good to hear the no niggles mantra. Maybe I'll try a few bourbons next time I'm developing a niggle.    



» Post a Comment