Back in the sandpit

3km | soft sand Walking home tonight I was feeling little pings in both my left ITB and the pesky calf. Trundling down the last hill into Queens Park I was actually thinking that I may not run at all. But by the time I got home and pulled on the long skins, I was starting to feel almost OK. The skins always seem to calm down the niggly bits. So I decided to hit the sand anyway. I temperature of the sand was cool but tolerable as was the fresh on-shore breeze. All niggles survived the 3 laps of Bondi without complaining too much. I finished up pretty quick as I didn't want to go out too hard for the first time on the sand for over six months. Feeling pretty solid in the legs and looking forward to heading down there next week for a longer slog. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Ellie80 stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 27 September, 2006

good on you gronk - i tried soft sand running for a while and couldn't hack it! maybe i should try again. anyway - i'm very impressed!    



Blogger Bernie G stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 27 September, 2006

mmm....sand running. I have to say I hate it. I am impressed by the fact that you actually took all you niggles down there and ran 3ks on the sand.    



Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 27 September, 2006

Can't do it myself.... square feet (wide as they are long) I sink ;-)

Gotta love the Skins.    



Blogger Ewen stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 28 September, 2006

I wouldn't be game to take my calves onto the sand at the moment (if we had any). I remember fondly doing 15k sand runs on the flat wide beach near Yeppoon in Qld. :)

Getting used to racing flats takes a while. Maybe carry them in your hands and do small sections of your runs in them.    



Blogger Don Juan stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 28 September, 2006

Good idea to run on the soft surfaces, even a cool surface.

A bit surprised you haven't developed very thick skin after being such a prolific CR poster.    



» Post a Comment