Moonee Beach

1st January, 2007 14km | easy I headed out early on NYD to escape the heat. NYE was a sober occassion (for the first time ever I think !) as we spent the night at Coffs Harbour at the Carnival and fire works from the Jetty. This time around I headed north along the highway and turned off at the first opportunity. It took me into a suburb called Sapphire and I soon found that it was a two street joint and ended up on the sand for a stretch. Soon I came across a Caravan Park called Sapphire Spit and ducked inside there and made my way up to the highway again until the Moonee Beach turnoff. Moonee is a pretty (and sleepy) town by the beach dominated by the huge pristine lagoon behind it which supports a huge water bird population. Beautiful stuff. I returned home before 7.00am with zero post run pain in the archilles to speak of. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Ewen stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 06 January, 2007

That's excellent news about the achilles Gronk. You still have 90+ training days to go - and a few more until Nail Can!

Keep enjoying the holiday (and running).    



» Post a Comment