Sahara Run

5km | soft sand Talk about windy ! Down at Bondi last night the winds were coming directly from the east at about 50km/h. The usual chopped up sands were blown smooth with only small ripples remaining. The only footsteps on the entire beach were mine, but were soon blown away by the time that I had returned to complete a lap. The legs went to jelly quicker this time around as the sand was loosely packed much like powder snow. Tough going when your feet sink down to your ankles. I felt pretty good and my left archilles seemed to have healed up from a weekend scare - it was car free day on Sunday at Centennial Park and I spent an hour on my Son's razor scooter chasing him around on his bike. That left my archilles very tender and on ice with anti-inflams for the past few days. Happy that it's all resolved. I was worried on Monday that I wouldn't make Sunday's race, it was that bad. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 30 November, 2006

Looks like the usual sandhills at Palm Beach.    



Blogger Lulu stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 30 November, 2006

That would have been a tough run with that wind yesterday. I found it hard enough walking up to the shops and back!    



Blogger miners stopped running and said ...
Friday, 01 December, 2006

yeah - tough sounding run that one. did you happen to see the special on Dakar last night on ABC?    



Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Friday, 01 December, 2006

Good luck on Sunday Gronk - unfortunately the DTI is not quite in good enough condition for me to make it ;-)    



Blogger Ewen stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 03 December, 2006

I hope the race went well Gronk. It's been so dry down here, some of my favourite trails are turning into sand like that. Not ankle-deep yet though ;)    



» Post a Comment