Opera House

18km | moderate | 95:00 I managed to get out of the house just before 7.00am this morning did one of my all time fav runs into the city to Bennelong Point, then through the Botanical gardens. It was an especially beautiful morning and I was feeling pretty spritely as well. The pesky calf seems to have settled down and hardly talks to me now. Communication has been reduced to the odd whisper when trudging up the odd hill. My only (small) niggle is a sore shin, but that's from where the car door closed on me during the week. Ouch. I ran with my fuel belt and two 400ml bottles. It was hot out there and I tried to have at least 200ml every 5kms or so. By the time I got down to the Opera House I was feeling pretty good (well most of it is down hill I guess) but I was restricted in running up the stairs in my usual Rocky style because of the Australian Idol temporary stage and surrounds. I wandered around trying to find a way through to the gardens and was eyed by a few security gorillas. One guy then walked into my path and asked my what I was doing. "Running" I said as I did a Brad Fittler right step around him. Yeah like I look like a terrorist ! Idiot. I managed to find my way to the other side by running around the waters edge and soon found my way into the gardens, had some more water and popped a gel. It was one of those crappy ones from Coles called "PB". It was gross but it did seem to do the trick and I zipped up the long haul hill up Bourke Street from Woolloomooloo to Taylor Square. I was making good time and was thinking about my goal for the CC 1/2M next Sunday. I did feel pretty good today - the first time for ages - so I might try and go sub 100. I did manage to go sub 100 at Blackmores in September, so its certainly doable. Trouble is that I'm not as fit as I was then I don't think. If I just do my best and have some fun at the same time, that'll do me. On the home leg I came across Plu and Virtual chatting at the Darley Road gates of Centennial Park. Virtual was telling us about his preparations for the Coast to Kosciusko run in two weeks time. Its an incredible run over some 240kms or more I think. You know I can dig Ultra Runners and how they may set off on a all day run through the bush. But to run non stop through the night for over 24 hours is just super human stuff. I wonder how you train your body to stay awake for all that time ? I don't think I could do that. Too lazy I think. Need my sleep. No run tomorrow as I think that the old legs need a rest. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Becky O stopped running and said ...
Monday, 27 November, 2006

I never get tired of running around the Opera House and Gardens.

Glad to hear your running well. Good luck with the sub 100 on the weekend. Might see you there.    



Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 28 November, 2006

Ahhh - lost you in the great bloglines/blogger beta kerfuffle...

Nice run at the Opera House but you should be careful about the company you keep ;-)

If I'm a no show on Sunday have a good run (in fact have a good run even if I do show)

:-)    



Blogger PortRunr stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 28 November, 2006

My bloglines can see you again...welcome back :)
You're saturday run sounds similar to my saturday one. Maybe I should try and hang on for 100 instead of 105-110...    



Blogger Ewen stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 28 November, 2006

I don't like all these 'security warnings' with 'beta', or maybe big brother is keeping an eye on potential terrorists? Or, is it just stupid IE?

Go for the sub-100 - looks better in the blog!    



» Post a Comment