Coastal Path

16km | Easy I left this morning a little before 6.00am on what was a still mild morning - perfect running conditions. After reading a thread on CoolRunning about maximising your fat burning by running on an empty stomach , I ditched the usual pre-run snack and expresso and stocked the fuel belt with water only. I headed off to Randwick and got down to Coogee just as the first planes were coming in over the beach after the curfew. No sleeping in for the residents of Coogee it seems. From there I ran north along the Coastal Path through Clovelly, Bronte and Glamarama. The Sculptures by the Sea has been on for the past week and it was great to see them scattered through the park behind Glamarama and up over the headland without thousands of rubberneckers in my way. I selected half a dozen which would look great dotted over my farm in Berry (er, dream on Marty). I started to tire at about North Bondi. It was getting hot and my pesky calf also had a little winge there too. So I dropped off the pace and just ambled home. Thankfully running at the slower pace the calf issues ceased. I will have to learn to listen to my body and ease up on the hills and stairs until the calf is 100%. Other than that pretty happy with everything. After breakfast my son & I had heaps of fun down at Bondi testing out his new boogie board. Great recovery for tired legs. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger PortRunr stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 12 November, 2006

Nice run (and recovery) there mate, and good to see the calf responding when you give it a bit of TLC.    



Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 12 November, 2006

Good to see you got through the run without any niggles. That boogie board is a perfect ending.    



Blogger Don Juan stopped running and said ...
Monday, 13 November, 2006

Good run. Look after that calf.

Did the boogie board come with a concealed bag of marijuana?    



Blogger R2B stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 14 November, 2006

Happy to see your still "plodding" along (lol your faster then me!)

Cheers R2B

Ps a farm in Berry is on my wishlist too...don't think Santa will prevail this year though!    



» Post a Comment