Beach run

10km | easy I didn't get out the door last night until well after 9.00pm. Child & wife wrangling meant that my plans of a longer run had to be quashed. So a shortish run down to the beach and back was all I could squeeze in. It was perfect running temperature and I felt good heading down to Bondi and just as good grinding my way back up Bondi Road. Having said that my pesky calf was still talking to me. A gentle reminder that the problem has not been solved. So whatever I am doing (massage, ice, stretching and Larry the Physio's exercises) is keeping me running but not dealing with the cause. Similarly my ITB is sore in the side of my left thigh as it has been off and on for months. Now that I have committed myself to run Canberra I will need to get to the bottom of this rubbish that has plagued me since mid year. Maybe taking a week or two or three off after the Central Coast 1/2M might be the go. Anywho, I will be running the Striders Internal 1/2M at Lane Cove on Sunday morning with a 1:39 carrot (Striders handicap) to aim at. That's just two sub 50 10km strung together isn't it ? Er, easy. Eeek ! Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 18 October, 2006

Exciting news about the big one in Canberra next year Gronk!

All the best for the internal half. I reckon you could run 1:39 with your eyes closed.    



Blogger Ewen stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 18 October, 2006

No, it's a 52 followed by a 47:59.    



Blogger Don Juan stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 18 October, 2006

Lane Cove will be a walk in the park.

Good luck with the preparation for Canberra. Get rid of that calf asap.    



Blogger PortRunr stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 19 October, 2006

Great to hear you're aiming for Canberra - hopefully that will be my first full as well and we'll both be running on trouble free calves!
Have a good run at the Striders Half.    



Blogger Katie stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 21 October, 2006

Hey that is really exciting that you will be running Canberra!!! I will be there in cheering capacity :-) I will see you in the morning for the half!    



» Post a Comment