I can jump puddles

. 2006 Central Coast Half Marathon 21.1km | 96:57 PB | Race I always look forward to this race. This and the C2S are my all time favs for the year. Not only do I get to spend some more quality time with my Dad who lives in Umina, but I also get to run a great local race which is always frequented by a multitude of CoolRunners and Striders. Whilst the weather was windy, cold and raining a whole bunch of people turned up this morning and it was great to see so many friendly faces. I said in my last blog entry that I had strained my left archilles last weekend and whilst I got on top of the injury to a certain extent, even yesterday it was worrying me every now and then. Luckily it didn't trouble me for any of the race as we wound our way around the lake and back. JUst a little sore now. It hit the halfway mark at 45:58 and was pretty well placed for a good finish. I popped a gel about then and it got me through the tough 14-17km stage. Plenty of runners were passing me and I think that the back half really showed my lack of fitness in the last 10kms. I think I wrote the same thing after Blackmores. My water soaked shoes made me develop a big blister between my big and second toe and the last bunch of kms were a little painful. Why oh why do I forget to put vaseline between the toes when its raining !?! There were lots of great performances out there with PB's by the majority rather than the usual minority. Well done to everyone ! Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Anonymous Anonymous stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 03 December, 2006

well done gronk... awesome result.

regards

larry    



Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 03 December, 2006

Congratulations on the PB. Great work considering the leg is playing up at the moment.    



Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Monday, 04 December, 2006

Congrats Gronk, after going so well at the shorter stuff this half mara PB has been on the cards for a while.    



Blogger Lulu stopped running and said ...
Monday, 04 December, 2006

Well done on another PB Gronk, despite your dodgy ankle. I hope you don't get any further problems.    



Blogger Ellie80 stopped running and said ...
Monday, 04 December, 2006

great work gronk - good to see you out there and you were looking speedy!!    



Blogger Bennyr stopped running and said ...
Monday, 04 December, 2006

Top effort, Gronk.

I admire the way you nurse your body through the various niggles and injuries to keep improving. Well done.

You weren't the only one to neglect the vaseline in the rain. My nipple was not happy!

Cheers,
Ben    



Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Monday, 04 December, 2006

Fantastic result as always Gronk - you are definitely a big game player ;-)    



Blogger Ewen stopped running and said ...
Monday, 04 December, 2006

That's an excellent PB Gronk - especially considering your recent problems. Keep chipping away towards the sub-90.

Sounds like a great event!    



Blogger Jen stopped running and said ...
Monday, 04 December, 2006

Woohoo! Fantastic result Gronk - congratulations!

You were looking mighty fit!    



Blogger Horrie stopped running and said ...
Monday, 04 December, 2006

Fantastic effort Gronk. I am amazed how you are able to manage your niggles but somehow still manage to get faster.    



Blogger PortRunr stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 05 December, 2006

Congratulations on a great PB run mate. Good to see you again, and nice work with the videos...I'm tuned in to Channel Gronk!    



Blogger miners stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 05 December, 2006

Fantastic to see you again mate - and well done on the PB!!! You did especially well considering the weather and the achilles scare earlier in the week. Take care of that left leg mate - nothing like a dodgy achilles to slow you down :(

Hey, can you post your links to the youtube clips over here at your blog too? Having trouble viewing the ones on CR at the moment :)    



Blogger Unknown stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 05 December, 2006

That's fab! Another PB! Loved the U-Tube doco! Well done, Gronk..hope all the niggles & sore quads have gone by now....going down steps?    



» Post a Comment