Sydney Striders 10km - North Head


I arrived this morning at Manly bright and early, and after a warmup I said to CR Go Girl that I would stick with the 50 min pacer for the whole trip. So off we went. After a Km or so I felt pretty comfortable. So I moved ahead and spied the 45 min pacer in the distance and decided to real him in.


I managed to run up to the 45 min pacer after about 5 or 6kms and felt good enough to move ahead of him and figured that I would try and maintain a good pace until the finish.


I hit 9kms around 40:xx and fell apart in the last km to finish in 44:58. Very happy with that anyway considering I've done SFA training for the short stuff.


Today gives my some confidence for the months ahead that with a bit of specific training I'll be able to shave a few mins off today's time and be back on PB pace. I'm feeling great at the moment with absolutely no niggles !

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Ellie80 stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 05 May, 2007

sub 45 AND no niggles?? great result gronk! good to see you out there!    



Blogger David Criniti stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 05 May, 2007

Congrats mate! Maybe we can attach a rope from you to Papa Luigi to help drag him back under 45 too :-)

Well done!
Dave    



Blogger Unknown stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 05 May, 2007

Well done Gronk, I sensed you were on for a good one when you cruised past me around the 5k mark.

Hope I can keep up with you in the SMH ½. :-)

JD    



Blogger Ewen stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 05 May, 2007

That's great Gronk. I really didn't think you were in that sort of shape. A bit of a shame you're not running Nail Can.

Good news also about the missing niggles :)    



Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 05 May, 2007

Huge congrats Gronk. That little marathon didn't do you any harm at all!    



Blogger PortRunr stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 05 May, 2007

Great run mate...5 minutes ahead of the plan is fantastic. At this rate you'll be in PB shape in no time. The soft sand runs must be the secret ;)    



Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 05 May, 2007

Glad to see the road is getting faster. Hope the form continues and we see a good run at SMH Half.    



Blogger Horrie stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 06 May, 2007

From 50 to 45 is a pretty big jump. You must have been feeling good. Great to see you ramping it up again. Remember, be careful and listen to your body. ;-)    



Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Monday, 07 May, 2007

Nice work Gronk but geez your pacing is crap if you wanted to run 50mins - you better work on it ;-)    



» Post a Comment