Back in the sandpit

3km | soft sand I saw on the CR calendar that the Bondi Barefoot has been brought forward to 29 April this year. I have listed both this race and the Manly Soft Sand Classic in my to-do list for the past few years and always have a injury which prevents me from doing it (or maybe was just too lazy). Seeing as it's next week and I am (at the moment anyway) uninjured, I'm thinking that I might head down to Nth Bondi on Sunday week and give it a crack. There are two options. A 4km and 10km race. Seeing I usually do 5km in training, it seems pretty girly to do the 4km option, so I'll do the 10km one. It will no doubt be bloody hard, but the week after my first marathon I'm feeling pretty invisible invincible. So we'll run with it whilst the last drops of post race adrenaline remain in my veins. Last night I ran in the Nike Frees because I still have a few blister and manky toe issues from last Sunday to deal with. Running on the sand in the Frees was OK. I bought them to allow me to play on the sand through the winter when I feel the need (barefoot on the sand in the winter is impossible as it feels like your running on snow). My legs were pretty heavy doing the laps. The planned 5 laps quickly reverted to 3 after I pulled a heartledge muscle and thought it best not to push things. I am supposed to be in recovery mode afterall. In other news: seeing that my next goal race is the C2S, Fat Friday will be making an overdue return as I aim to lose several kgs of blubber before August. EDIT: Yes Lulu, I meant invincible but wrote invisble ! I'm sure that there is something deep and somewhat Freudian about that mistake. LOL *eek!* Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Lulu stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 19 April, 2007

If you're invisible we won't be able to see you to cheer you on ;)

Glad to hear you're back into it straight away and you're not suffering any after effects.    



Anonymous Anonymous stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 19 April, 2007

How long does it usually take you to do five laps of the beach? I reckon it'd take me forever, a bit like running through soup I'd imagine...

Great to read that you have recovered well :-)    



Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 19 April, 2007

Nothing like heavy sand running for heavy feeling legs - good to hear the recovery is going well Gronk.    



Anonymous Anonymous stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 19 April, 2007

Went for my first run today after the marathon and have decided will do the nail cain Hill run. Will miss you but Im sure the becah will more than make up for the hill - ripley    



Blogger Ewen stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 21 April, 2007

Ripley, I'll look out for you at Nail Can. We're driving down on the day - really looking forward to it. Hope the weather is better than last year.    



» Post a Comment