Finale

Week 15 of 18 35km | LSD The last time I blogged was just after my hilly midweek run to Vaulcuse and Miners made the comment that he hoped that the hills didn't aggravate my achilles. It didn't, but would you believe that one of the girls at work dropped a full archive box right on my ankle the day after ? LOL nothing surprises me when it comes to my injuries. So since then I've been on ice and had to move this longrun from Saturday to today, just to give me that extra day. Last night the achilles was still niggly whilst traversing stairs, so I decided that I would run but stick around the local area. That way I could pull the pin if need be. So I headed out and just plodded away. I was pretty tight in the left heel for the first 10km or so, but it seemed to sort itself out after then. I ran myself dizzy around the park for a couple of hours and ran into Lulu & Ellie up near Flinders Street. Nice to see you both ! I was pretty wasted by then and continued feeling that way until I got home at about the 32km mark. I then picked up Jackson and we headed into the park for his training run for the Kids Marathon. We managed a tad under 3km and he finished feeling pretty fresh condsidering it was his longest run by far. Dad on the other hand was not feeling as fresh and was really feeling it in the hips and tib-ants. So that's it. My longest run ever and I think I'll be able to manage 42km OK. It won't be easy though as I'll be on the hard road for over 4 hours. To be frank I'm more worried about recovery than the race. Taper time now, whatever that means. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Lulu stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 25 March, 2007

Good to see you this morning. Hope you don't suffer any archive file problems between now and the race.    



Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 25 March, 2007

Missed you in the park somehow this morning. A great last long run. Hope the taper clears up the achillies ok. The beers after will be hard for the recovery. Haha.    



Blogger Jen stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 25 March, 2007

Woohoo! I'm soooooo excited about watching & cheering you on in Canberra!!

Funny you should mention that nothing surprises you about your injuries anymore - my ITB was really hurting the last 5k of Six Foot. But not as much as my ankle hurt when (somehow) I was bending over to get something out of my bag & my medal actually fell off the ribbon & landed straight on the inside of my ankle!    



Blogger Unknown stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 25 March, 2007

Well done getting through your longest run to date Gronk.

Trust in your taper and you should be cherry ripe for that important April engagement.

JD    



Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 25 March, 2007

There's such a great sense of satisfaction getting that last long run out of the way. But its nowhere near as great as the feeling you will have crossing the finish line in Canberra :-)    



Blogger MorseyRuns stopped running and said ...
Monday, 26 March, 2007

All the hard work is done now- enjoy your taper!    



Blogger Ellie80 stopped running and said ...
Monday, 26 March, 2007

we were saying how strong and fast you looked!! and then giggled about how it was probably unfair of us (doing 12k...) to stop you for a chat in the middle of your super duper long run! you'll be great!    



Blogger miners stopped running and said ...
Monday, 26 March, 2007

brilliant to hear mate. Hope all stays good with you know till the really big one. In the meantime, soak up the satisfaction of completing a huuuuuge run :)    



Blogger PortRunr stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 27 March, 2007

Great stuff...it's always good to post a longest run ever.
You better wrap those legs up carefully with vicious filing girls lurking the corridors.    



Blogger Bennyr stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 27 March, 2007

Nice work, Gronk.

I think you can go 7.2K longer.

Cheers,
Ben    



Blogger Ewen stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 27 March, 2007

Good one Gronk. You're primed for 4 hours (or faster). Don't worry about the recovery - it will happen.

Just watch the hamstrings if you decide to take Jackson out for some speedwork ;)    



Blogger Don Juan stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 01 April, 2007

Best wishes for Canberra Gronk.

Once you get to the start line, all those old niggles will be archived.    



» Post a Comment