Kids Marathon Training Week - 6

. The Sunday run with my 8yo son Jackson was due and he asked if we could run around Queens Park this week instead of Centennial. Not sure why he asked that because the Queens Park route is harder than we have been doing with a few sharp hills to contend with. I wasn't going to argue as a run on the grass is much better for my old bones compared to the hard road of Centennial. Jackson handled it well, with only a few moments of encouragement needed from Dad. It was bloody hot out there and he finished very red faced and tired. Afterwards we spoke about Canberra and how I will be sending his entry form off this week. He asked that after Canberra if we could continue our running training. Noice. Hey, maybe there is a Fathers Day 5km in him come September ? (I thought about a CR Challenge but that involves running back which will be way down the track for him). Needless to say I'm very proud of what he has achieved so far. My only disappointment is that his Canberra Race is on whilst I'm running mine.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Monday, 12 March, 2007

So Jackson wanted to run hills in week 6 hey? I mean you can see it can't you? Hills.... the number 6.... he is trying to tell you something Gronk ;-)    



Blogger Gronk stopped running and said ...
Monday, 12 March, 2007

That 6-ft race has mooshed your brain 2P. I have zero interest in (running) it. It's all yours mate.    



Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 13 March, 2007

Go Jackson!!!

Hey Gronk, I'm totally with you in the non-running 6ft Track thing. When does our non-training for next year start ;-)    



Anonymous Anonymous stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 14 March, 2007

Isn't fathers day in June?

RA    



» Post a Comment