Kids Marathon training - Week 5

2.5km | Easy After the rain had cleared, Jackson & I headed out for his Sunday training run. The same route as last week across the road in Centennial except today was "car free day". Centennial is a great place to run, but is even better when the big iron gates are left bolted for the day. It's a shame that it only happens every 3 months. Jackson's endurance certainly has improved over the last month and he churned through the run quite easily this time around. So much so that after his sprint finish to end the 2.2km loop, he volunteered to continue the run to home. That's my boy ! 5.5km | Easy After I dropped Jackson off at home, I ran back into the park for a lap of the walking path with a detour up to Woollahra Gates, then around past the Moonlight Cinema and down to York Street Gates. I ran easier today now that my flu is another day older, but i was breathing pretty heavily at the top of the big hill. The calf is sweet. I felt only the tiniest of pings in the last km or so this afternoon. Pretty much no more than a brief pin prick of pain. After 8kms yesterday and another 8km today, hopefully I'm in the clear now. I think I'll do 6kms on Tuesday and then maybe 12km on Thursday. That will leave me with a 19km run on the weekend as per Uncle Hal's program in a conveniently quiet week. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Don Juan stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 25 February, 2007

Good news on the calf. Just in time for Hal's modified post-calf-injury marathon training program for Canberra.    



Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Monday, 26 February, 2007

Sounds like Jackson and your calf are progressing well.

6, 12, 19 is a good sequence ;-)    



Blogger Ewen stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 27 February, 2007

Take care on the 19 - I've heard that calves like walking breaks on long runs ;)

What happens if Jackson reaches 40k too early? He's going well!    



» Post a Comment