Whoever you are, you cannot break me !

Week 9 of 18 6km | Easy A rare three-nights-in-a-row run was happening last night. Uncle Hal had me down for 6kms and I readied myself for a trip around the block. I was running free and easy for the first few KMs, and scooted through Bondi Junction mall like Buster on a good day. In fact I was traveling so well that my thoughts turned to the Striders 14km The Equaliser trail race on Sunday. By the time I got to Bondi Road, I decided that I would go on Sunday as I ran a soft time last year and I was feeling good enough to make amends. Now I'm just going to have to learn never to underestimate my ability to get on top of one niggle and to find a brand new one to keep me on my toes. Alas, by the time I arrived at Queens Park my right achilles got a cramp and virtually stopped me in my tracks. It's not the achilles thing from Xmas, that one was on my left leg. So a whole new one has manifested - just to piss me off ! So I hobbled (jogged with a limp) home and did the usual ice thing etc etc. This morning it feels stiff and just in need of a few days of good stretching methinks. I'm confident that there are no tears or bad strains in there. I'm guessing that this puts me out of Striders though. Oh well, I was only doing it for like 5 minutes. LOL. An easy run in the park might have to do instead. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Lulu stopped running and said ...
Friday, 09 February, 2007

I don't believe it! Take it easy for a couple of days and see what happens. Maybe you'll wake up tomorrow and it will all be fine:)    



Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Friday, 09 February, 2007

Hope it turns out ok mate. Those achillies are a bugger to get back to 100%. Take it easy.    



Blogger Sekhmet stopped running and said ...
Friday, 09 February, 2007

Bugger

Come join us in the Park on Sunday, you know you want to ;-)    



» Post a Comment