X-ray vision

Week 8 of 18 OK, so I took myself to the doctor. X-rays showed no fracture and the Doctor diagnosed possible cartilage trauma. Der. He prescribed anti-inflams and advised me to exercise only to the point of pain onset. I have trolled the CoolRunning and InjuryUpdate forums and concluded that running is one of the few exercises that I can actually be doing that probably won't aggravate the injury. Obviously rowers, swimmers and players of ball sports would have a tough time. But it WILL hurt. It's just a matter of how much. "Let pain be your guide" is what CR Dr JH said as he reported training for a major race with 5 broken ribs a few years ago. So I will step up with the anti-inflams, increase my fish oil intake and start with the Glucosamine. I plan to go for a run on Friday for a couple of easy Kms with no vigorous arm actions (ie; flat track - no hills) just to see what happens. If I pull up no worse for wear then I plan to run my 21kms on Sunday as per Uncle Hal's program. If that doesn't work - well I'll worry about that next week. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 01 February, 2007

So, no vigorous arm action? Reminds me of a Seinfeld episode :-)

Hope the plan works Gronk.    



Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 01 February, 2007

I'd laugh but I don't think I should rib you about it ;-)

*groan* even I think that's pretty lame...

Mate good luck with the run on Friday - look forward to hearing the results.    



Blogger Ewen stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 01 February, 2007

You could run like the 'straight armed' Chinese 10k runner in the last Olympics.

That Dr JH is a tough bastard. I hope you can do it for Uncle Hal :)    



Blogger Jen stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 01 February, 2007

Take care of yourself Gronk. You & I seem to have this connection - either we are both travelling well or neither of us are. How about we make a deal - no more problems for the rest of 2007????    



Blogger Bernie G stopped running and said ...
Friday, 02 February, 2007

It's good to hear there are no factures. Hope the Saturday run goes well.    



Blogger Vicki stopped running and said ...
Friday, 02 February, 2007

No pain, no gain....

Oh, maybe thats not appropriate :-)

BTW.... Like the maps ;-)    



Blogger Unknown stopped running and said ...
Friday, 02 February, 2007

Sorry to read of another injury, Gronk...you're a real devil for punishment!    



Blogger Carolyne stopped running and said ...
Friday, 02 February, 2007

Sorry to hear about the injury, but at least running isn't strictly contraindicated.

If you're up to the 21km on Sunday, consider a (boring) route on which you can get back home/to car easily without having to walk 11kms.

You're here for a long time, and need to set the gronkette's a good example for their marathoning.

Take care    



» Post a Comment