Footpath 1, Gronk 0

Behold, the Running Gods have spoken ! I get over one injury and then pick up another. Doh ! It seems that my 20km run on Saturday has further traumatised my rib injury to almost up under my armpit. So I am benched until the swelling goes down and the pain goes away. At the moment it hurts to walk, twist, cough and lay on my side. Last night I had 3 sneezes and almost passed out ! (ok, not really that bad). Voltaren Gel seems to work pretty good, so I'm really hoping its muscular rather than cartilage, or worse fractured. If its muscular then I'll be back by the weekend. Cartilage is 4 weeks. Fracture is 12 weeks from what I can see. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 31 January, 2007

Bugger :-( Hope its just muscular. Seen the doc yet?    



Blogger PortRunr stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 31 January, 2007

Another tough break mate...you're setting yourself up for a huge comeback at this rate! Hope you're right by the end of the week...at least the legs will be fresh.    



Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 31 January, 2007

Hope it is only a bad bruise and not a break. Wouldn't want you missing Canberra over it.    



Blogger miners stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 31 January, 2007

As PR suggested, just keep those legs fresh and do what you can to keep your fitness up mate. Swimming or water running once the pain has eased?    



Blogger Will the Frenchman stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 31 January, 2007

Hi Gronk,

I fractured a rib once playing rugby, I could hardly lift my arm, and I had a huge black bruise where it was fractured.

Just hoping it's not the same for you    



Blogger Lulu stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 31 January, 2007

Ouchie! You and I seem to alternate.. when I'm back running, you're off the road and vice versa. Hope you back soon and it's nothing serious.    



Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 31 January, 2007

Aww geez mate that sucks - xrays?    



» Post a Comment