(Lost in) Malabar.

Week 7 of 18 19.5km | LSD Blkbox and I set off bright and early this morning for the scheduled long run on my Hal Higdon program. Whilst we left at 6.30am, we were not long into it and thinking that maybe we should have started at 5.30am ! Very humid and getting hotter by the minute. I had a map printed and was self appointed navigator. First mistake. ;-) We made our way through Kingsford and Pagewood, then down to Matraville. We were seaching for our turn off (Franklin Street) but unfortunately Franklin Street was that one a few Kms back with the vandalised sign. LOL. So by the time we came across Botany Road we worked out that we were nearly at La Perouse. Oops ! A quick shortcut through a horse paddock had us running north again where we soon enough found Anzac Parade for our return journey. We finished a little trashed from the heat, but overall pretty good. My scrapes from my mid-week stack have pretty much healed except for my ribs which remain pretty bruised and sore. Just don't make me laugh and I'll be OK. :-) Also it seems that I'm on top of my achilles and heel problems now. Give me another week of stretching, ice and a few magic pink pills and I'll be a 100% I reckon. EDIT: I've pulled up really sore in the ribs. Overnight I have been in considerable pain and expect that the run yesterday (my first since the stack) has exacerbated the injury. I'm guessing that 2 hours of arm action has further torn the rib cartilage. Washing the car this morning was agony plus ! Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 27 January, 2007

Nice long run from Hal. It was 26 degrees at 9am this morning, so very toasty.    



Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 27 January, 2007

It certainly was warm doing my post-race mow the lawn recovery session this morning.

Nice run Gronk - though you don't want to get too lost in Malabar...    



Blogger Ewen stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 28 January, 2007

Have you heard the one about the runner who thought he could navigate? It goes like this...    



Blogger Will the Frenchman stopped running and said ...
Monday, 29 January, 2007

Nice run Gronk, it looks good for the marathon!    



Blogger PortRunr stopped running and said ...
Monday, 29 January, 2007

Sounds like a challenging week all round - good conditioning!! ;) Glad to hear all the bits and pieces are on the mend.    



Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 30 January, 2007

Great to finish a long run feeling good.

The only injury I've ever sustained cleaning my car is overstretching my arm as I lean out the window to punch my code number in at the auto wash.    



» Post a Comment