#@*$@% !!!!

Week 7 of 18 10km | Easy Ironically, Blkbox, SydneyGal & I were discussing last Saturday the dangers of running in the Sydney Eastern Suburbs at night because of the uneven footpaths and protruding tree roots. You know where I'm headed here .... I started my run last night by heading up York Road, which boarders Centennial Park. Big trees and bad lighting. You get the picture. Not long into my run my left foot caught the raised footpath in a pitch black section. I stumbled, lurching over for 3 or 4 steps like a pilot in an uncontrollable downward spin. I thought I could recover and avoid a crash. Nope, I landed will full force on my left ribcage. Then followed with my palms, a scrape of my knee and finally my left cheekbone were all skidding to a halt on the concrete. I laid there face down in the dark, winded for about 20 seconds. Got up. Thought about turning around and walking home. Then walking slowly in the direction of Bondi Beach. After that I managed to finish the 10kms that I started but arrived home stiff in the left knee, bloody in the palms and very sore in the exhale. I couldn't sleep on my left side last night and rolling over was pretty sore. Feeling OK this morning albeit a tad sore here and there. Might take the night off tonight. LOL Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 25 January, 2007

#@*$@% !!!!

Make a trail runner of you yet :-)

Hope the recovery goes well.    



Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 25 January, 2007

Talk about putting the mockers on yourself. When I was running with Tuggeranong Don in Canberra last month he was telling us he'd never taken a tumble when running. Guess what happened soon after.

Take care. Hope you heal quickly.    



Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 25 January, 2007

Good practice for the steeplechase event. Lift those feet when running in the dark. Hope you are not out of it for too long mate.    



Blogger Gronk stopped running and said ...
Friday, 26 January, 2007

I'll be fine for Saturday Blkbox. Battle scars are healing. Ego on the mend as well. ;-)    



Blogger Jen stopped running and said ...
Friday, 26 January, 2007

I'm with 2P - there is a trail runner in there somewhere just waiting to be let out to play :-)    



Blogger Ewen stopped running and said ...
Friday, 26 January, 2007

I call those 'Tuggeranong Dons'.

Good practise for Nail Can... or 6' :) Falling down is an aquired art.    



» Post a Comment