No pain, no gain.

Week 8 of 18 21km | Easy I had 21kms on Uncle Hal's program this morning and following Flash Duck's advice, I elected to just run laps of Centennial Park. This would enable me to bail out and head home should my ribs give me too much trouble. I had a good day yesterday with the ribs giving me only a little pain here and there. I woke this morning however very uncomfortable. I put this down to taking an anti-inflam before bed last night. Whilst this enabled me to have a good nights sleep, it probably allowed me to sleep in positions that I shouldn't have - so in turn it i guess it aggravated the injury. Anyway, I was determined to give a long run a go after a successful 15 min run on Friday night and a trot with Jackson last night. So the plan was 6 laps of the walking path (about 3.6kms) and to call it quits if the pain gets to much. I started pretty slow and ran a conservative pace for most of the way. I bumped into tri-girl Ellie80 after about 45mins who was making her way down for a run with the girls. I said to Ellie that it felt like I was running with a stitch - and that was pretty much how it remained for the rest of the run. I ended up completing the 6 laps in a slow 2:09:03 and was sweating like I'd just spent 2 hours in a sauna. As CoolBlogger Fem_Physique said the other day in a comment on my blog - no pain, no gain. Now aren't her achievements an inspiration for head-down-bum-up hard work ! Yikes ! Hopefully I'll be able to resume my full program this week with little disruption. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Ellie80 stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 04 February, 2007

hey gronk - good to see you out there - I'm glad that the ribs held together ok - good on you for managing 2 hours plus some with a stitch! i would have gone nuts!    



Blogger Ewen stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 04 February, 2007

You got it done Gronk. Out for a long time too, which, in one way, is good.

I think you have the right mental aptitude for 25 laps of a 400m track ;)    



Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 04 February, 2007

Thats why the park is so good. Heaps of variations to run and you are still near home. Glad the ribs were ok mate.    



Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 04 February, 2007

Man, that's tough, doing 2 hours in pain. Knowing you can push through that should make the business end of the marathon seem like a breeze.

And ... Go Jackson!    



Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 04 February, 2007

Nice work mate - good to see you are getting on top of those ribs.    



» Post a Comment