Bugger

Week 9 of 18 I've been looking after the achilles since Thursday. TLC included ice, anti-inflams, and gentle stretching. Yesterday and this morning it felt great, with just a little tightness left. I did 30 mins on the bike yesterday and felt fine all the way. I planned to run gently around the park on the grass and ease my way into it and see how I go. I left home at a very very slow pace and got 200m before I felt a "pop" in the achilles followed by a tight pain. Somewhere at the top of the achilles where it joins the calf. I don't know what it means but I concede that I have the feeling that it's bad. I have often pulled up tender here and there, but never had anything snap on me mid-run before. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger MorseyRuns stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 11 February, 2007

Definitely trip to the doc for that one- it sounds nasty. I hope it gets better.    



Blogger Ewen stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 11 February, 2007

Sounds bad Gronk. I hope it doesn't require surgery. You might need to find 'badder' smilie animations :(    



Blogger Jen stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 11 February, 2007

So sorry to hear that Gronk. Have to agree with blkbox - might be a good time to try a new treatment strategy. Keep smiling dude!    



Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 11 February, 2007

Don't listen to them. The pop could be just the muscle moving. Fingers crossed it is not too bad and you can keep running.    



Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 11 February, 2007

Geez mate....

Hope it's not too big a deal.    



Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 11 February, 2007

Man, the running gods are certainly not on your side at the moment.    



Blogger Lulu stopped running and said ...
Monday, 12 February, 2007

That's not good news. Hopefully Superflake is right and it's nothing serious. A trip to Larry might be in order though. Hope you're soon back on the road.    



Blogger Vicki stopped running and said ...
Monday, 12 February, 2007

When I said 'no pain, no gain' I didnt mean for you to go and break something. Go get it looked at! NOW!    



Blogger Bernie G stopped running and said ...
Monday, 12 February, 2007

I hope it's nothing too seriously that keeps you sidelined.    



» Post a Comment