Sunday arvo in the park

Week 12 of 18 16.5km | easy I delayed departure for this one few times because of the heat. In the end I didn't get out the door until about 6.00pm. Jackson's kids marathon training was canned by management (read: Mum) cos it was way too hot. Fair enough too. Not too hot for lunatic Dad to go for a run though. Rather than run amok in the streets, I decided to try and find some shade in the park. So I ran myself dizzy for an hour and a half trying to clock up 16 or 17 kms. Did OK and came home and stood under a cold shower for 10 mins to cool my core temp down. Got out and was still sweating for ages. Gee I hope its not hot for those doing 6-foot next week ! Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Jen stopped running and said ...
Monday, 05 March, 2007

Me too ;-)

Great news to hear the calf is at 100%. Look after yourself & I'm certain you will make the start line!    



Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Monday, 05 March, 2007

So how many laps of the park was that? Dunno about you but I find doing things like that is an easy way to rack up the kms. I think to myself just one more lap ... just one more lap ... just one more lap.    



Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Monday, 05 March, 2007

Certainly was warm out there on the weekend mate - on Saturday I stopped a couple of times to pour water over my noggin.

Nice work on pumping out the k's.    



Blogger Ewen stopped running and said ...
Monday, 05 March, 2007

Me too! If it's hot, I might stay in the Cox's and wait for the grim reaper.

Nice 10 miler Gronk - Uncle Hal will be ready for you.    



Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Monday, 05 March, 2007

Glad to see Hal still has you on his program for Canberra.    



Blogger Don Juan stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 06 March, 2007

Good news on the calf; still not too late for a late six foot track entry!

Canberra's too easy for you.    



» Post a Comment