Trashed

Week 13 of 18 12km | easy With Uncle Hal barely acknowledging my existence, I attempted to jump back on board last night with the prescribed 15kms. I got out the door at 8.15pm and only managed a few hundred meters before I realized that my legs were massively sore (DOMS ?) and super fatigued. Hmmm. From then on it was just a battle of minds. Every second step I was getting a message to bail out and go home. I stuck it out for most of the way. I was supposed to run all the way into the Cross and home via Oxford Street, but I piked out at Double Bay and headed home. Mind you the hill from Cooper Park up to Bondi Junction is just ridiculously steep so I was suitably punished. I'm due to run tonight but I'm not sure I can make it. If the rain holds off I'm happy to run 5km on the sand down at Bondi. If it's raining then I'll just take the day off and spin at home. I'm beginning to think that I'm too old for this marathon gig. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 08 March, 2007

Never too old. Look at Lucky Legs.
Hopefully the legs will soon behave and you can still make Canberra Marathon.    



Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 08 March, 2007

Thing is Gronk, the older you get the further you tend to run. Hate to break it to you but in 5 years time you'll be lining up for ultras :-)    



Blogger plu stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 08 March, 2007

Paul took my words.

Never to old. It is all about pace expectations. Once you get that under control you wont look back.

Plu    



Blogger miners stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 08 March, 2007

mate - I reckon we're ALL too old for marathons. Horrible, punishing things that they are ...    



Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 08 March, 2007

LOL - what Tesso said.

C'mon Gramps get those old arthritic bones back out there.    



» Post a Comment