Opera House

Week 14 of 18 14km | easy Yesterday afternoon I had no intention of going for a run. Too tired and basically CBF. Then I visited PortRunner's blog who is also making his Canberra debut and he put me to shame. He's a model of consistancy compared to me. That was enough motivation to get me out the door and off my lazy arse. Thanks Paul. I found it tough going on the hard pavement of Oxford Street and the City. My legs were complaining big time running down Macquarie Street. By the time I got down to the Opera House however it all seemed to turn around. Maybe because it's so beautiful down there at night. The Harbour Bridge was looking majestic and of course the Opera House was looking amazing. It's a special place for me as I got married to the Bride in the northern foyer of the Concert Hall overlooking the harbour 17 years ago. After a lap around the OH, I ducked down and ran along Circular Quay then up Phillip Street towards home. Thankfully the second half of my run seemed easier than the first and the run back over Oxford Street seemed to be over in just a few minutes. Oh, I was wearing my Sydney Striders singlet (when will I get to race with them again ?) and got a "GO STRIDER" call from the other side of the road around Paddinghurst. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Lulu stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 15 March, 2007

Glad you managed to muster some enthusiasm and put in a good run. Great to see your son is so enthusiastic too!    



Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 15 March, 2007

You've found your mojo! Maybe you should thank The Bride, sounds like you ran better after reminiscing about the big day.    



Blogger Dave stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 15 March, 2007

"when will I get to race with them again ?"

Soon I hope!!    



Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 15 March, 2007

A CBF run through the CBD is A OK.

Nice work Gronk.    



Blogger PortRunr stopped running and said ...
Friday, 16 March, 2007

Wow, glad to be of service :)
Still a couple more weeks to get some quality sessions in...I'm sure Uncle Hal's onto it!

No one's going to the pub until we're both over the line ;)    



Blogger Ewen stopped running and said ...
Friday, 16 March, 2007

Are they claiming a 'non-race Strider sighting'. Good run and story Gronk. Uncle Hal would like that one.    



» Post a Comment