La Perouse

Week 14 of 18 30km | LSD I didn't sleep well last night. Way too muggy for mine. So when the alarm woke me at 5.00am the old snooze button got a workout a few times. I eventually got my act together and got out the door a little before 7.00am. My plan was simple. Jump onto Anzac Parade and run until the road runs out, then turn around and run back. Add a lap of the park and go home and veg out. Uncle Hal had me down for 22kms this week with the final big one next week of 32km. But I have been feeling a little under done of late (read: he's been bludging). So I decided to bump it up this week to 30km and 36 next week. I ran with my fuel belt full of water and took two gels (Endura Vanilla. Best I've tasted. Hmm caffeine) to have at the one and two hour marks. Nothing much to report. I just plodded it out. Arrived at La Perouse and had a little walk/drink break for about a minute and then ran back home. On the way back I was joined by part time CR Mmad Al and his Cool Lurker mate Gordon. Nice blokes (runners always are). Mmad stands for Malabar Mums and Dads. Al is running the famous Boston Marathon next month. Hope you have a great race Al ! I arrived home pretty trashed but feeling like I could go on with it, so I guess that's the main thing. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Jen stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 17 March, 2007

Great news Gronk! Sounds like you are on track for an enjoyable marathon debut. I'm so excited about being able to cheer you on & return all the encouragement & support you have given me :-)    



Blogger Ewen stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 18 March, 2007

La Perouse looks like a nice place for a picnic, even if just water and Gu are on the menu.

Hope the 36 is just as good.    



Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 18 March, 2007

Fantastic feeling that, knowing you could go even further. Looking good for the 36k-er next weekend.    



Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 18 March, 2007

Good run Gronk. Just hope the body holds up this week after a big jump up in the long run.    



Blogger Unknown stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 18 March, 2007

Always a good sign to finish a long run wanting more. Keep pushing on Gronk.

JD    



Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Monday, 19 March, 2007

Simple plans are the best plans. Nice work on the long run mate - look forward to reading about next weeks adventure.    



Blogger PortRunr stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 20 March, 2007

Great effort mate. Hope you've recovering well and are ready for more - look after those legs. I've got a 36km coming up this weekend as well. I like the Endura's - both Vanilla and Citrus.    



Blogger Horrie stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 21 March, 2007

Great run Gronk and one that will give you a lot of confidence heading into Canberra. And you got to meet Al along the way. He is a top bloke and a damn good runner as well.    



» Post a Comment