Update

Week 16 of 18 Sunday 1 April, 2007 I had to go into the office all day Sat and half day Sun. By the time I got home and then washed the car, I was tired and my brain was mashed potato. Uncle Hal said 19km. WTF ?? What happened to the freeking taper Hal ? Grrr. I headed out at 3.00pm and had Jackson dressed in his kit so I could run past at the end of my run and take him into the park. My legs were feeling good. All stress fractures had healed and even the ITB and achilles were content. I ran a lap around the park and fully intended to do another but basically got bored. So I took a detour down to Clovelly and ran the coastal path to Bondi and home. I found it really tough mentally to get through the run. The legs were strong but the mind was soft. Why I picked the coastal path with all those stairs and the long climb home up Bondi Road I have no idea. I finished in a tad under 2 hours and ran past home to pick up Jackson. I asked him if he wanted to run 2 or 3km today. How about 4km he said. Cripes - your gunna kill your old man ! So we did a whole lap of the walking path with only a brief stop at a bubbler. Very proud of him I was. More importantly, he was stoked with his achievement. Legs feel pretty good today. Thursday 29 Mar 07 9km - easy With stress fractures all healed except for the one on top of the right tibia, my only aches were a sore achilles, heel and ITB. Running down Old South Head Road hurt like hell. Running up Bondi Road pretty much the same. The only thing that got me through the run was the constant chant "I hate Hal Higdon, I hate Hal Higdon". Tuesday 27 Mar 07 5km - easy Had massive DOMS and creeky legs from the big 35km on the weekend. Felt like I had multiple stress fractures, muscle tears and anything else you could throw in to make the run crappier.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Anonymous Anonymous stopped running and said ...
Monday, 02 April, 2007

Well done on the "taper run" and also congrats on getting this far with the issues you have faced along the way.

Best of luck for the run at Canberra.

Pipe    



Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Monday, 02 April, 2007

Only 19ks! Some of us have it easy. Go Jackson 4ks now. The last bit of the marathon should be a breeze.    



Blogger Lulu stopped running and said ...
Monday, 02 April, 2007

You had me worried then with talk of stress fractures. That must be the last long one before the day!    



Blogger allrounder stopped running and said ...
Monday, 02 April, 2007

Hi Gronk, thanks for your well wishes....

glad to hear everything is going well with your training...sounds like Jackson is getting right into it!    



Blogger Simlin stopped running and said ...
Monday, 02 April, 2007

That's a good effort, I probably would ahve thrown in the towel.    



Blogger Ewen stopped running and said ...
Monday, 02 April, 2007

You picked that run for the inspiring views? Better than boring old LBG in a couple of weeks time ;)

Glad you're on target - and also Jackson!    



Blogger PortRunr stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 03 April, 2007

Good to hear you're recovering from the big run last week. Sounds like you're doing it tough with sons and uncles conspiring to push you to the limit though!
We're almost there :)    



Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 03 April, 2007

You'll be doing the "I love Hal Higdon" Sunday week when you cross that line :-)

Goooooo Jackson!    



» Post a Comment