Bronte or bust

5km | Easy I ran down to the end of Birrell Street to Bronte (or is it Tamarama ?) last night. It was my first run on a hard surface and also my first run involving hills. The 5kms felt like 50km at times. By the end I felt like I had blown out a few cobwebs and felt pretty fresh. My shin splints seem to be back. Probably because of tight calves so I spent a fair while stretching before and after and applied an ice pack as well. The foot held up OK. I did feel a ping every now and then. I also felt a minor ping when I put weight on it this morning getting out of bed. Shin splints. Capsulitis. Many would wonder why I bother. Me too. Mood: ---> ~~~~~~~~~~~ Joke of the Day ~~~~~~~~~~~ A couple was celebrating their golden wedding anniversary. Their domestic tranquillity had long been the talk of the town. A local newspaper reporter was inquiring as to the secret of their long and happy marriage. "Well, it dates back to our honeymoon," explained the lady. "We visited the Grand Canyon and took a trip down to the bottom of the canyon by pack mule. We hadn't gone too far when my husband's mule stumbled. "My husband quietly said 'That's once.' We proceeded a little farther when the mule stumbled again. Once more my husband quietly said, 'That's twice.' We hadn't gone a half-mile when the mule stumbled a third time. My husband promptly removed a revolver from his pocket and shot him. I started to protest over his treatment of the mule when he looked at me and quietly said 'That's once.'"
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Jen stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 10 August, 2005

I don't wonder why you bother Gronk. You are a runner. Runners just have to run. It's as simple as that. J    



Blogger allrounder stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 10 August, 2005

you bother because you can!

hang in there, champ!    



Blogger CJ stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 10 August, 2005

Hi gronk!! I can relate to that too - my list of injuries could almost fill a training diary now, and that includes surgery! So why do we do it!!!? Because it feels so damn good when it all works!    



» Post a Comment