Monday's mumble

I bought an AFL "Clapper" on Ebay last week as my contribution to the CR C2S Cheersquad. Whilst I purchased it in Westcoast Eagles colours (yellow and blue) it arrived today in the yellow and brown colours of the Geelong Hawkes. Gee ya'd think for $1.99 they could get it right ! Oh well, its the thought (and the noise) that counts. Also today I received my Sydney Half Marathon pack containing my bib, chip and some other junk. With the half being 33 days away, I would say that I'm a slim chance at best of running. At the very least I guess I could run it as an easy jog and treat it as a long run. There is enough time for me to train for it as I'm sure that my base is adequate to cope. I think the plan will be to run 5kms tonight, 7kms on Thursday and then 10kms on Sunday. If I get through these runs OK then I can plan a little further ahead. Above all - yes I will be cautious (bordering on paranoid) to avoid further injury in the near future. Mood:---> ~~~~~~~~~~ Joke of the Day ~~~~~~~~~~ The judge frowned at the tired robber and said, “then you admit breaking into the same store on three successive nights?” ”Yes, your honor.” “And why was that?” “Because my wife wanted a dress.” The judge check with his records, “But it says here you broke in three nights in a row!” “Yes sir. She made me exchange it two times !”
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger allrounder stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 09 August, 2005

hey Gronk, thanks for your kind words...i will definitely be keeping an eye out for you!

i'll be wearing a CR cap, a dark two blue "muscle" shirt (as opposed to a singlet) and dark blue lycra shorts, i'll also have a camelbak on which may or may not be covered by a Bear Cottage t-shirt!

stay positive mate!    



Blogger miners stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 09 August, 2005

I'll be looking out for the clapper mate. Great to hear there's some positive vibes about Sydney Half as well    



Blogger Don Juan stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 09 August, 2005

Gronk,
good to see you're making the extra effort to support the CRs.

Just to be a pendant, brown and yellow are the colours of the Hawthorn Hawks. Geelong (cats) are blue and while.

I run around centennial park a lot so I'll look out for you.    



Blogger TA and the Gnome stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 09 August, 2005

All the time you're clapping those clappers, just remember that because of those colours, Hawthorn are affectionately referred to as the Wee & Poo team :-)

Thanks for your support. If all goes well, we should be really needing that encouragement by the time we get to you. Good to hear that things are starting to look up on the foot front :-)

sfG    



Blogger CJ stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 10 August, 2005

Oh no - Hawthorn colours, not good (I'm an Eagles supporter). take it back!!!    



» Post a Comment