A walking weekend

With the Footy season over for Gronk Jnr (aged 6) and Clovelly Nippers not starting until September(ish), I decided to dislocate his lazy bone and take him with me for some exercise over the weekend. Whilst I don't wish to be an exercise tyrant, I do feel that he needs a gentle push in that direction. I want exercise to be part of his life long term and figure that whilst he may winge a bit at this age, but will thank me in later life. We walked across to Centennial Park and did a mid-afternoon lap of the Horse Track on Saturday. If I recall correctly a thread on CR had the lap being around 3.9km. I walked in my 2100's with orthotics and it felt pretty good the whole of the way around with only the odd "ping" to remind me that I shouldn't get too cocky. Gee there was a lot of runners about. With only 2 weeks to the C2S, the weekend warriors were out in force cramming their last minute K's in. Good luck to them all. Sunday was a big day for Gronk Jnr. This was the day that his training wheels on his bike were to scheduled to come off. After a short training wheel removing ceremony, we did a wobbly lap of the park (with me holding onto the back of his seat for most of the way) and a few of the children's bike track. We arrived home safely and without having lost too much skin. One little scrape on the knee for him and a hack on my ankle was a good result for his first hit out I think. He had a great time except for the problem at the bike track when he was embarrassed in front of a few girls that he had a Thomas the Tank Engine helmet. Mum will fix that problem with a new helmet before we re-visit the park next weekend, I promised. This week I plan to walk either to or from Edgecliff Station each day. I wish that there was an exercise that I could do in addition to walking that could strengthen the floppy ligaments in my foot. Must talk to Larry the Physio about that ... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Joke of the Day ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ A very religious man lived right next door to an atheist. While the religious one prayed day in, day out, and was constantly on his knees in communion with his Lord, the atheist never even looked twice at a church. However, the atheist's life was good, he had a well-paying job and a beautiful wife, and his children were healthy and good- natured, whereas the pious man's job was strenuous and his wages were low, his wife was getting fatter every day and his kids wouldn't give him the time of the day. So one day, deep in prayer as usual, he raised his eyes towards heaven and asked: "Oh God, I honour you every day, I ask your advice for every problem and confess to you my every sin. Yet my neighbour, who doesn't even believe in you and certainly never prays, seems blessed with every happiness, while I go poor and suffer many an indignity. Why is this?" And with a clap of thunder a great voice was heard from above: "BECAUSE HE DOESN'T BOTHER ME ALL THE TIME!"
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger TA and the Gnome stopped running and said ...
Monday, 01 August, 2005

Gronk,

Really disappointed to see your DNS for C2S. Still, there's more races to come, so rest and wait.

sfG    



» Post a Comment