Foot good, shins bad.

7.3km | Easy I ran down to Icebergs @ Bondi Beach last night feeling pretty fresh all the way. I've been working pretty hard on my foot in the last 48 hours. Morning and night I have been either dunking my foot into an ice slurry or wrapping it in a towel with an microwave heat pack. All that together with Voltaren seems to have paid off. I finished the run with zero pain in my foot and it remains that way this morning. Phew ! My shins/calves however were giving me grief big time. Whilst I stretched before and massaged with Deep Heat (that usually works OK), I was cramping by the time I got down to Bondi. Not surprisingly, the run home (which is all uphill) was not fun. The odd thing was that when I had shin splints earlier in the year, it was really only on my left leg. That was were Andy the Pod said that my pronation was most prominent. Now I have it equally on both legs. That’s good I think, meaning that my orthotics have evened out any mechanical imbalance in my stride. I'm confident that my shin splints this time around can be resolved within a week or two with a strict stretching regime and more ice. Running home last night I was feeling great from the waist up and seemed to have regained much of my lost condition. I was even thinking that if I could stabilise my shins in the next day or two, I could run the C2S. We'll see how I feel after a light run on Saturday afternoon. Probably just wishfull thinking... Mood: ---> ~~~~~~~~~~~ Joke of the Day ~~~~~~~~~~~
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger allrounder stopped running and said ...
Friday, 12 August, 2005

oooh, that sounds good (except for the sore shins)...would it be too much of a leap to try and run the C2S? might you be better off focussing on the Half in September??    



Blogger CJ stopped running and said ...
Friday, 12 August, 2005

While it would be great to see you running C2S I really think you should build up slowly and aim for something next month maybe. Better to be safe than sorry. I know its frustrating but in the long run its worth it to be cautious. Trust me - I know!    



Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Friday, 12 August, 2005

Don't try and push it mate, it is only one race and I'm sure you would love to be running other races later in the year. Long term is the goal not short term when you don't have much fitness.    



» Post a Comment