City run

10km | Easy I ran last night into the city and return as my last hit out before the half. Whilst most runners would still be running during their taper in the latter parts of this week, I find that a good run on Tuesday followed by a hard spinning session on Thursday leaves my legs fresh for Sunday. Right or wrong, that's this old man's routine before a race. The route into the city is mostly downhill on the way in so I try and maintain my pace for the return uphill 5km. Throw in a few rests at red lights and its a quite enjoyable run. No niggles to report. The weatherman tells me that it's forecast for morning rain on Sunday. Whilst it would be nice to run across the Harbour Bridge with blue skies, rain doesn't really bother me all that much. Bring it on ! Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Jen stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 07 September, 2005

I'm glad to hear that all your niggles have settled down. Good luck on Sunday; it's going to be a fun day! See you then,

J.    



Blogger allrounder stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 08 September, 2005

see you Sunday!    



Blogger Horrie stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 08 September, 2005

Have a good one on Sunday Gronk. It sounds as though things are going well for you.    



Blogger CJ stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 08 September, 2005

Gronk, have a good run on Sunday and hopefully I'll get to meet you at the finish, if I'm in a fit state!    



Blogger Ewen stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 08 September, 2005

I like 'old man routines'. They work for me - or am I just being lazy?

See you on Sunday - and it'd better not be raining! I want a view from the bridge.    



Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 08 September, 2005

Glad to see you are going to run the half after missing C2S with your injury. Hope you have a good race mate.    



» Post a Comment