Sunday Run

14km | Easy | 81:56 I intended to run the whole of the course today on the grass, however my shins and calves were feeling especially good this morning. So I decided to mix it up and ran the Queens Park portion on the grass and the Centennial Park bit on the pathway. It was one of those great-to-be-alive mornings and I can tell you, it was even better that I was able to be out there running. I ran with the aim of each 7km loop to be around 40:00. That would put me at 120 mins for the Half next month. I did it pretty easy and felt that I had plenty in the tank. That puts me in a great position as I intend to run with the 1:50 Runners World Pace Group. The main thing is that I had zero shin pain and zero calf pain today. Looks like the ice, voltaren and self massage is paying off. Very happy with that ! Mood: ---> ~~~~~~~~~~ Joke of the Day ~~~~~~~~~~ Yossel Abramowitz worked in a pickle factory and unfortunately he had a strong desire to put his penis in the pickle slicer. This went on for years and finally Yossel could not stand it any longer and he decided to seek professional help. He spent five months with a psychiatrist who finally gave up and told him that since his desire was so powerful, the only way to get over it was to put his penis in the pickle slicer. Yossel decided to do in the next day, at work. The following day Yossel came home from work early. His wife Sarah was very worried and asked why he was home at this time. He told her for the first time of his long-time desire, to put his penis in the pickle slicer, and that today he had done it and had been fired as a result. Sarah gasped and ran over to him. She yanked down his pants and his underwear only to find his penis perfectly normal and intact. She said to him, "I do not understand. What happened to the pickle slicer?" Yossel replied, "She got fired too."
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Dave stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 21 August, 2005

Sounds like good news and the body is on the way back. Just don't go overboard in all the excitement!    



Blogger CJ stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 21 August, 2005

That is good news - keep up the ice, voltaren and massage and we should see you at the Half. That joke is so bad...!!    



Blogger allrounder stopped running and said ...
Monday, 22 August, 2005

that's good news gronk, hope the body pulled up well today...

maybe i should run with the sub 1:50 group instead of the sub 2:00? i'll see how i feel after this weekend's 2hr run!    



Blogger Jen stopped running and said ...
Monday, 22 August, 2005

That is great news Gronk! I'm really happy to hear it. My fingers are crossed for you in the lead up to the Half. I'm looking forward to returning the favour and cheering you on. J    



» Post a Comment