Foot good, shins getting better

10km | Easy I ran down to Nth Bondi Surf Club late last night. I don't usually run much past 9:00pm but after 2 blackouts last night, we were a tad disrupted and getting the kids fed and stories read before bed was a challenge. It was 5 degrees outside so the tights and long sleeve dri-fit was the go. I stretched for about 5 mins before I set off and my shins and the back of my calves were sore (read: tight) right from the start. Things seemed to warm up at about 3kms and I settled into a good rhythmn. At about 4km I reach Bondi Beach and head down to the boardwalk between the sand and the Pavillion. The concrete along that stretch always causes me grief and I feel the jarring in my lower legs on each stride. I must remember to run along the roadway next time. Gota take care of these old man legs ! I reached Nth Bondi in about 25 mins and turned around for the long haul back to Bondi Junction. I arrived home feeling pretty wasted. Its a long drag up hill for about 3.5km up to the communications tower at Bronte Road and I really enjoy the hard work, but I was feeling unusually trashed. Lets put that down to a long day and also running on a full tummy (and probably a touch dehydrated). The main thing is that I'm 80% injury free and progressing well towards the half in 3 or so weeks time. I will do hill reps on Thursday night to try and claw back some of that lost condition. Sunday I will run 14km in the Park. Mood: ---> ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Joke of the Day ~~~~~~~~~~~~ This is an animation created for a song by the aussie band TISM (This is Serious Mum). Not really a joke (probably more a like social comment on my teenage sexlife!) Funny stuff anyway. Sound on please. WARNING: Over 18 years only !

. . .
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger allrounder stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 17 August, 2005

good to see you're getting back to where you want to be...i'm really looking forward to the half after i surprised myself with my C2S effort...

i hope i get to meet you at the half, preferably at the start (when we will allm be at our best!) as i won't be able to hang around long afterwards as i have a cricket training to attend at 10 at artarman (don't know how much training i will do though!)...    



» Post a Comment