Weekend wrap up.

Saturday 25 Feb, 2006 7km | easy | no watch Week 2 of 13 I left early on Saturday morning for a lap around the park. My program called for 7km so I opted for a pre-breakfast run before we all headed up the coast. I felt a bit stiff early on and managed to settle into a stride by the time I hit the top of the first hill in Queens Park Road. I finished feeling pretty good but didn't have time for much of a warm down or stretch as I had to take my princess to ballet. Sunday 26 Feb, 2006 8km | easy | no watch Week 3 of 13 I had planned running at first light and run up and over the south Umina headland to Pearl Beach and back. However I woke this morning unable to put any pressure on my left big toe. It seems that when I stubbed my toe in the sea pool at Pearl Beach yesterday arvo and I must have picked up a bug in the cut sometime thereafter. My toe was pretty hard, red and very sore in the area surrounding the cut so I bathed it in detol for about 30 mins. By the time we arrived home this afternoon the inflammation had calmed down enough for me to have a run. I did the usual Queens Park/Centennial Park 7km lap and then added an extra 1km inside Queens Park. It was very humid but thankfully light rain accompanied me for most of the run. Apart from my toe being a little sore, I ran pretty strongly and finished the last km running at (I imagine) 10km pace. Overall I'm pretty happy with my two runs this weekend and certainly coped better with two days in a row compared to last week. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 26 February, 2006

Good to see you stringing the consecutive ones together so nicely Gronk.

Keep up the good work mate ;-)    



Blogger Harvie stopped running and said ...
Monday, 27 February, 2006

Glad to see I am not the only one who has to do "princess detail" and take her to ballet! HK    



Anonymous Anonymous stopped running and said ...
Monday, 27 February, 2006

Let's take another look at you Gronk.

Cheers, Andy    



Blogger Don Juan stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 28 February, 2006

Progress looks pretty smooth. Well done.
Like the Fat Friday.
Brave effort outing yourself.    



» Post a Comment