Sunday morning

7km | 39:54 | Easy I ran late morning after my sons nippers and did a 7km loop on the grass. No problems except for the tragic humidity. I drank 500ml in the 40 minutes I was out there and reckon that I lost 1500ml in sweat. It took me most of the afternoon to rehydrate. More fool me for running in Bangkok weather. Talking of nippers, I've been chatting with one of the Dads down there for a few weeks now about running etc. I think I wore my R4YL cap once and the conversation started from there. His name is also Martin, he's an Irish/Australian and we've become pretty good friends of late. He mentioned last week that he ran the Mumbai Marathon last month and was now training for Canberra. I asked Martin yesterday what time he was shooting for in April. He said that his PB was 2:28 but wasn't sure if he was in that sort of form right now ! Holy sh!t, I said - 2:28 ?!? It turns out that he is Martin Considine. He represented Australia in the Mumbai leg of a 4 race series called The Greatest Race in January. He won the NSW Champs last year at Sydney (being the first NSWelshman home) and finished 4th at Canberra last year behind Jeremy Horne and just ahead of Damon Harris. So he's a pretty handy runner, to say the least ! Get this - would you believe that he only started running in 1998 ! Doesn't it just make you sick !!! This week in my program has me running 3 days in a row for the first time. They are just small runs of 5km a piece so hopefully I will get to Friday in one piece. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Monday, 20 February, 2006

Holy guacolmole - 2:28!!! That's amazing. You're keeping pretty good company these days Gronk. Maybe you can pick up some handy hints for you fellow bloggers :-)    



Blogger miners stopped running and said ...
Monday, 20 February, 2006

don't you just hate it when someone casually drops a 2:28 marathon into the conversation? Happens all the time ...

might be a good resource to tap into mate. Keep him within earshot at all times in case you need him!    



Blogger Harvie stopped running and said ...
Monday, 20 February, 2006

Hi Gronk,
Thought I'd drop by and say g'day.

Hated the humidity myself yesterday, but at least we did it!

2.28!!! wow, I can only dream of that kind of speed - 3.30min/km the man must be a machine.

Don't forget to post ALL of his tips.    



Blogger CJ stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 21 February, 2006

Wow - some friends you've got there Gronk - hoping some of that speed might rub off?!    



Blogger Unknown stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 21 February, 2006

Imagine how 2:28 sounds to me, Gronk!!! That would allow time for an around the world trip & I'd still be out there somewhere!

Yes, doesn't it make you sick....only running for 8 years!    



» Post a Comment