Soft sand shuffle

6km | soft sand | 54:45 I headed down to Bondi last night not feeling the best. I had a bad nights sleep the night before when a young couple from across the road decided to argue about their relationship at 3.30am for half an hour on the footpath. I couldn't fall back to sleep after that, so I ended up with only had a few hours of ZZZZZ's in the bank. (Frankly, I'm glad she's going back to America, she seems a total pain in the arse). These early morning dramas meant that I didn't have a happy day at work and it sort of snowballed from there. Bondi was really windy last night. The wind blew hard from the north and made running towards North Bondi a total pain. I swear that at times I was digging in hard, but not going forward at all. I can see from my splits that I was getting progressively more and more fatigued as the run went on. This is the first time that I have logged my splits, but I'm sure that I was doing sub 8 minute laps last month or so. Anyway, I will now keep a record so I have something to compare it to. My splits were:- 8:52 (1km into head wind) 8:37 (2km wind assisted) 9:18 (3km into head wind) 9:07 (4km wind assisted) 9:23 (5km into head wind) 9:24 (6km totally stuffed) At an average pace of 9:07/km the Bondi Barefoot will take me 90 minutes at that rate. How could anyone possibly run the 42km Manly Soft Sand Classic ? That's just crazy. This morning my lower legs feel really tired. Ankle ligaments are sore too. I will rest tonight and maybe spin on Friday night. Sunday is the Sydney Striders Equalizer. A members only 14km bush bash up at Belrose. The only trail race I have done before is the Nail Can Hill Race (11.3km) down at Albury which is pound-for-pound the hardest race I've ever done. Action from CoolRunning is the Club Secretary of Striders and said yesterday that everyone should "enjoy the thrills and spills of this interesting course". Now that's got me a bit worried. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 09 February, 2006

The equaliser sounds like a hoot - pity I'm not a Strider.

I don't know how anyone does the softsand classic Gronk - it must be 7 kinds of hell!    



Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 09 February, 2006

Everybody needs good neighbours :-)

After all that soft sand running you'll probably find the trails a breeze on Sunday. Just hope there's lots of thrills and no spills.    



Blogger Katie stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 09 February, 2006

I am not doing the equalizer to avoid the spilld and thrills :-) I would be too shattered to get injured before canberra... an I am a clutz! I have no idea how you run on the soft sand!!! My calves, glutes and hammies would scream!!    



» Post a Comment