Oz Day Fun Run

8km | 36:22 | Race | PB Having just got back from a few days down the coast, I've had some time to reflect on Thursdays race. Firstly, I am honestly astonished that I not only raced the whole 8kms without any evidence of my nagging injury, but haven't had any real post race issues either. Now, after blogging with despair last weekend about the injury that simply wouldn't go away - it sort of makes me out to be a bit of a drama queen. Yeah, a tad embarrased. Was it the new shoes or the time off with massage and voltaren rapids a plenty ? Who the hell knows. Bottom line is that I ran quite well for the first 5kms or so until my lack of puff took over and I had to wobble home. The course was a bit of a shamozzle with 3 laps of too many narrow paths. Km markers were all over the place and to be honest I never really knew how long there was to go after having seen a 2km marker, then a 5, then a 7, then a 3, then a 4 all on the same lap ! Yes I should have ran with my GPS thingy turned on. Will do that next time. The flatter course this year assisted me to a 36:22 (my watch) finish with a 4:41 PB over the 8km distance. The PB is nice but more pleasing to me was that I could run at about 4:30/km pace for most of the race, which is at about my 10km PB pace. On the downside, I was totally buggered after about 5km on a really flat track. Next week at the hilly Striders 10km Lane Cove will be really hard work me thinks. Mood: ---> What are you lookin' at ! What are you lookin' at !
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Jen stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 28 January, 2006

That is great news Gronk. I'm really happy for you!

And BTW there is nothing wrong with being a drama queen ;-)    



Blogger Katie stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 29 January, 2006

Well done Gronk! I did not really say hello on thursday! I will make sure I say Hi on saturday! I am a bit scared of how ugly this 10km might be!
See you there!    



Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 29 January, 2006

Great run on Thursday Gronk. I've gotta say you sure took some catching, I had you in my sights for so long but you wouldn't slow down you bugger!

Good luck at Lane Cove next week.    



Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 29 January, 2006

Congrats on the PB Gronk and on being pain free too.

I reckon all those shins were begging for was a good thrashing all along!    



Blogger Horrie stopped running and said ...
Monday, 30 January, 2006

Great run Gronk. I was surprised to see you ahead of Tesso and Johnny Dark for the first couple of laps. Not surprised that the fitness gave out on you considering how little training you have been able to do due to injury. See you at Lane Cove next week.    



» Post a Comment