Tight calves...

30:00 | soft sand Tight calves from the weekend means that shin splints could recur unless I'm very careful. So last night I spent 20 minutes stretching down at Bondi before doing half an hour of easy running. I am determined not to get too excited and leap into road running only to find that my shin splints flair up again. So the next week remains a slow transition back to the road. I have found a good 10km program on the Canberra Marathon website so I will start on that soon. The advanced 10km program looks the goods because it eases you into speedwork and hill sessions. This will help in my transition back to the road as well. I entered the Australia Day Medibank Private 8km at Centennial Park on-line last night. Whilst I don't expect to be anyway near fit, it should be lots of fun anyway. Lets hope that I can snatch a few minutes off my softish race time from last year at the very least. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 11 January, 2006

Gronk, I'll be in Sydney when the Aus Day race is on and have already entered.

it should be a bit of a CR fest. See ya there.    



Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 11 January, 2006

Good luck with getting back on the road Gronk.

I'm deeply honoured that you put a link to my most recent post on your blog.

Thanks for your comments whilst I was away.

Cheers, 2P    



Blogger Katie stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 12 January, 2006

I will see you at the OZ run!! Should be fun!    



» Post a Comment