So much to learn...

I was catching up on the overnight C2K shenanigans this morning. A bunch of CoolRunners and the odd CoolLurker are running the 247km journey from the beach down at Eden to the summit of Mt. Kosciuszko which is an amazing 2200m ascent. Thoughts go out to fellow Blogger VirtualRunner who (as at 5.30am) was battling sleep deprevation after running through the night. He's currently at 158km. So it looks like he'll finish around dinner time tonight. I hope I get a chance to sit down with one or two of these guys over a beer one day. I have so many questions to ask them. What do they eat, how often do they drink and most importantly how do they cope with blister management. Here's me just getting over two blisters from Sunday and I only ran for a little under two hours. I'd also be keen to know how they handle recovery which is pertinent for me at the moment. It seems that my Wednesday run down at the beach was a little too enthusiastic and I was really paying for it yesterday. I was reading the McMillan website last night and it indicated that my recovery run pace should be a nice and easy 6:30/km. Nice and easy was not what I did down at Bondi, slogging it out in the soft sand. Needless to say I didn't run last night and will leave it until maybe Sunday night before I head out again. My other problem at the moment is my manky big toe. I first trashed my toe at the SMH 1/2M in May. I finished that race with a huge blood blister under the toe nail which I had to pierce to let all the gunk out. I lost the top half of the nail and it only recently started to grow back and look decent again. Now after Sunday its all festy again and ready for futher surgery. Stay tuned, I might even capture the proceedure on webcam and upload for the world to see ! Kidding. As my 4yo daughter would say "Eeew, gross Dad !". Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 10 December, 2005

LOL Tess - you beat me to it :-)

They tell me it is a runners right of passage Gronk - but you are right - what about those C2K boyz?

Kinda uts it into perspective huh?    



Blogger Unknown stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 10 December, 2005

"Eeee very, very gross", Gronk!! That looks like an infection for goodness sake! Be careful, Santa won't be able to bring you a new toe if you lose that one! Have a happy day on the 25th!    



Blogger Bennyr stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 10 December, 2005

Well, that'll teach me to read blogs while I eat my dinner.    



Blogger Katie stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 11 December, 2005

Ok I'll be gross and morbid... take a photo!!!

AND then I'll say eww gross!!!    



Blogger Katie stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 11 December, 2005

Very impressive... this could be a new theme in blogland....EEEEWWWW GROSS!!!

Poor Benny!    



Blogger Don Juan stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 11 December, 2005

Yeh, gross.
going up 1/2 runner size can help with crushed toe nails, and maybe give you blisters in new places.    



Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Monday, 12 December, 2005

Classic photo. Looks like half of mine. Just kidding I'd amputate before it got that bad. I know a good chemist?    



Blogger miners stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 14 December, 2005

The C2K stuff was really inspiring wasn't it? Stoopid silly stuff - but inspiring too. Hope you find yourself blogging about an ultra one day too.

Thanks heaps for your support for Canberra mate - it was great being able to share part of the journey with you too!

Hey, and what did I recently say about your photography skills?    



» Post a Comment