Bondi barefoot pt 7

30:00 | soft sand Bondi was a little eerie last night. The 100% humidity, the still warm night and the calm ocean brought in a sea fog which covered the beach and reduced visibility down to about 25m. The beach and boardwalk were deserted. All the tourists and local runners/walkers were missing in action. Even the usual flock of seagulls (hated that band by the way) that spend the night on the sand chose to sleep elsewhere. I wonder if it was the sea fog or perhaps the ghostly figure patrolling the waters edge that scared them off ? It sure didn't stop this brave chap, I just went on with my business unperturbed - except when a labrador came from nowhere and jumped on me from behind ! Arrgh ! It scared the living daylights out of me ! Apart from that little scene, I had a good workout. The sand was particularly churned up after a busy day which made it hard going. On days like that you almost have to wade through the uneven sand ankle deep which is quite taxing, compared to the post rain compacted sand of the other night. The inflammation on my left shin is reduced but still there. Realistically, I'm expecting that the 1/2M on Sunday will flair things up and probably set me back a few weeks. I'm OK with that and hope that I can get through the race without too many dramas. Why am I racing if I'm not 100% ? To explain, this race marks my first anniversary as a CoolRunner. Last year, (I ran the 9km) I donned my blue and yellow cap for the first time and turned up at The Entrance park quite unprepared for the warm greetings I received. I recall Plu, Bluedog and Omni in particular roped me in and immediately included me in the CR family. So this race and the C2S (which was my first ever race) hold a sentimental place on my calendar. Unfortunately I missed the C2S this year, so wild horses will not keep me from being at The Entrance on Sunday. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Lulu stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 01 December, 2005

Sounds like a spooky spot last night Gronk. Great reason to run in the CC half and let's hope you get through the race unscathed by shin splints, labradors or ghostly figures. Good Luck.    



Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 01 December, 2005

You know you could do the 9k again - might be a fair compromise and still get to play with all your CR buddies.

Look forward to meeting you there ;-)    



Blogger miners stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 01 December, 2005

Still don't know how you find time to be taking these photos while you're running - but I have to say they're getting better and better!    



Blogger miners stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 01 December, 2005

btw - I like the sound of that logic for the CC 1/2M. After all, it's nearly Christmas and there's time galore for shins to heal (just don't hurt yourself too much)

The sentimental races affect us all Gronk - glad you have a few races with an emotional attachment - I understand exactly how you feel about them :)    



Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 01 December, 2005

Happy Anniversary for Sunday Gronk.

Hope you enjoy the race.    



Blogger CJ stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 01 December, 2005

Good luck for sunday Gronk and fingers crossed that nothing flares up - wouldn't that be cool! And congrats on that important milestone - first year anniversay as a CR.    



Blogger TA and the Gnome stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 01 December, 2005

Happy anniversary. I reckon running wouldn't be running without a bit of emotion :-)

sfG    



Blogger Unknown stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 04 December, 2005

A 4:10PB on your first anniversay as a cool runner, Gronk! Congratulations on both! Many more good years to come!    



» Post a Comment