Life's a beach

30:00 | soft sand I didn't run on Sunday. My official reason is that I was resting my shins. The unofficial reason is that I was hungover after a Saturday arvo BBQ for my daughter's 4th birthday and then after that a fundraiser at her Rushcutters Bay Pre-School on Saturday night. So having (just) recovered sufficiently I popped down to Bondi last night at 9.00pm for half an hour in the sand. It was a warm night with a nice on-shore breeze to cool you down. I pretty much had the beach to myself apart from the odd tourist on the boardwalk and two treasure hunters with metal detectors. My shins had settled down so much so that by yesterday afternoon I had no pain when walking and the inflamation had reduced to a small spot about the size of a 10c coin. This meant that I could run pretty much without any pain last night. Same goes for this morning - no pain walking to work. So its all good. I finished the 30 mins feeling quite fresh and iced up when I got home. I plan to run on the road on Wednesday for about 7kms and then back on the sand Friday night. Sunday will be a longer run on the grass if things are going OK. Feeling positive that I may have turned the injury corner. Fingers crossed that I feel the same way come Sunday night. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Jen stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 15 November, 2005

Thank you for your comment on my blog on Friday Gronk. Hope we can both make it to some of those events next year.

I'm really glad to hear that your shins are improving Gronk. Take it easy though :-)

J.    



Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 15 November, 2005

I'm so glad I read your blog Gronk, once again you have reminded me of the need to ice my leg. Thanks :-) Glad the shins are on the mend.

What an awesome run that must've been, along the beach at night. I'm jealous!    



Blogger Lulu stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 15 November, 2005

I hope you've finally seen the end of your injuries Gronk and we can all do some runs together next year.    



Blogger Ewen stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 15 November, 2005

Don't try race-walking for cross training Marty - it's tough on the shins!    



Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 15 November, 2005

Glad to hear the shins are on the mend Gronk :-)    



Blogger CJ stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 16 November, 2005

Ain't running fun - if its not one injury, niggle or ache, its another! Its a real plus when I can get out and run and not worry about all of the above. Hope everything is feeling ok and that you have turned the corner!    



» Post a Comment