A quick lap

7km | 35:21 | Moderate I didn't get out of the house until about 9.30pm and really didn't feel like doing hill reps. So just did a quick lap from my place to Waverley, through the Junction a bit of Woollahra and home was all I could muster. I ran at a good pace and wasn't really troubled by any major niggles along the way. Having said that I did pull up a little sore on the upper shin, so I hit it with the ice and the voltaren gel before I went to bed. This morning it feels OK but there is noticable swelling. So if this run was a test to see if I could survive a run at any half decent pace, then I reckon I failed. We have the last race of the Sydney Striders 10km series tomorrow morning at that nasty Lane Cove National Park. My decision to run will depend on this shin injury which is being quite stubborn at the moment and just won't go away. I'll make my mind up later tonight. I think I'll crack open a new pair of shoes and ditch the 2100's (they have 550kms on them now) and see if that changes things. As I was running last night I was concentrating on the foot strike. Trying to hit with a flatish foot so that the heel was only lightly before the ball and toes. Towards the end on my run I felt a little pain in the upper shin at the point of the heel strike. Looking at my current shoes, there seems to be some compression and wear on the inside of the hell. I've got a new pair of Adrenilines under the bed so they'll do fine. As this injury has just "appeared" in the last week or two, I'm thinking that it may be triggered by old shoes. Worth a try I guess. Failing that I may have to go back to see Andy the Pod for adjustment on the orthotics. Unfortunately there seems to be no easy answer apart from just being patient. In the meantime, I'm stretching and doing the exercises given by Larry the Physio. Why do simple things sometimes have to be so complicated ? Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Jen stopped running and said ...
Friday, 04 November, 2005

Someone said to me yesterday: no one said it would be easy; they just said it would be worth it.

It doesn't answer your question but I think it's a rather cool quote. To answer your question: I have no idea and like it, I wish it wasn't so hard (she says with ice strapped to her ITB on what was her good leg...)

J.    



» Post a Comment