Mileage to date

A thread on CoolRunning comes up at the start of each month where all the greyhounds post their amazing monthly mileage. This prompted me to look at my LongRun spreadsheet and see what I've been up to. Not much compared to the greyhounds that's for sure. Anyway, I thought that a cool graph produced by this spreadsheet would make my Blog look very professional. So here goes... Not much to say about it apart from the time off for injury around the City to Surf really put a halt to my momentum. More like a crash ! Lets hope that I can build those distances up over the summer and maintain the upward trend. I recall the legendary Ultra Man Mr G logged once that he ran over 400km in a single month. Makes my 800 odd for the year look pretty crappy. Anyway, as I said - cool graph ! Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Jen stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 01 November, 2005

Very cool graph Gronk !

:-)

J.    



Blogger Horrie stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 01 November, 2005

Gronk, I am one of the runners you refer to doing on average 300km a month but I would not call myself a greyhound. I am very lucky to have good biomechanics and try to be very consistent with my training. As I've said to you before, it is a case of understanding your body and knowing what works for you. I think that sub 45 10km you did a few months ago took your body to where it wasn't meant to be. Just be patient and do what is right for you. You should not feel inferior because your body doesn't allow you to do what others do. It is a bit like me and running at speed - it doesn't work for me so I no longer push myself beyond my limits. Cool graph by the way.    



Blogger Gronk stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 02 November, 2005

What a wise man that Horrie is. Thanks mate.    



Blogger Carolyne stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 02 November, 2005

Gronk, I think that your cool graph almost answers your own question. (Although I can't talk, as I am a worse offender than you).

The crash was followed by a corresponding rise to close to your previous mileage. Too much, too soon perhaps?

Mister G doesn't look like a greyhound! Big, yes. Hairy, yes. Balls . . .    



» Post a Comment