A forced day off ...

..was necessary last night as my leg was feeling particularly dodgy walking home. Instead I massaged and stretched. There's a lot going on with the leg at the moment which is causing me no end of worry. I think that I have shin splints again but this time at the top of my tibia about six inches below the knee. I'm hoping that the shin splints are the cause of the rest of the pains in my foot and leg because of compensating issues. Otherwise I'm thinking I'm in deep sh!t. I wonder if there is a donor leg registry ? I've booked in with Larry the Physio for Monday afternoon, so I guess I'll know more after then. Meanwhile I'm icing and popping Voltaren. If I'm feeling motivated I'll spin for an hour tonight or in the morning. Another spin on Sunday will probably replace my long run, although frankly riding an exercise bike p!sses me right off (and gives me a sore butt!). Maybe I should swim - now that's a scary thought ! Not drowning, waving ... ? Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Jen stopped running and said ...
Friday, 28 October, 2005

Oh, when you find the donor leg registry, can you put my name down please? I'm after a right leg with a working (and happy) glute and ITB. Oh and nice toenails wouldn't go astray either ;-)

My fingers are crossed for your visit with Larry the Physio on Monday.

J.    



Blogger allrounder stopped running and said ...
Friday, 28 October, 2005

hope the news on monday as positive...i like the idea of donor leg registry - can i request fast ones??!    



Blogger Unknown stopped running and said ...
Friday, 28 October, 2005

So sorry you're having leg problems, Gronk; hope it's not those dreaded shin splints...you will be in deep sh!t if it is! Agree about the bike...5 minutes is all I can take...boring & sore butt also!

Good luck & will check next week to see how you're gettig on.    



» Post a Comment